Please apply here: https://careers.duke.edu/job-invite/196249/
The Graduate School (TGS) at Duke University is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst (SBSA) to provide comprehensive data management services for internal school offices and student support campus partners. This position will work under supervision of the CFO, interacting with a diverse group of individuals in an active, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
TGS is dedicated to excellence in the oversight of graduate admissions, academic, financial support, and student support services. TGS is a dynamic, stimulating place to work and because we are focused on growth and improved excellence, our staff have particularly challenging and rewarding roles. Our school provides services to 3,500 Ph.D. and research master’s students and more than 80 graduate programs each year.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will serve as the Power User of the student records system (SISS) for The Graduate School, including development of software functionality, formation of processes, automation of data input, monitoring of data entry, processing of security and access requests for staff in school units, and supervise the Data Team within the Office of Finance and Administration. The ideal candidate will have a positive record and extensive knowledge of data and project management, experience with SAS and Tableau, and familiarity with R, Python, and other programming languages. Peoplesoft knowledge is preferred. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
1) Develop and coordinate new school system and application plans, capture profiles, views, and related workflows.
2) Liaise with the Office of the Registrar and the SISS Office concerning system development; advocate for student records needs on behalf of administrative offices, e.g., Academic Affairs, Finance, Graduate Student Affairs, Admissions, and Liberal Studies.
3) Develop audit queries and reports to monitor and assure the accuracy of TGS student record data; apprise the Registrar’s and SISS Offices of findings pertaining to incorrect input values and sub-optimal use of software functionality.
4) Analyze overall TGS administrative data operations, procedures, and functions to determine opportunities for improvement, including, but not limited to, the areas of workflow and the 3Cs (Comments, Communications, and Checklists) in PS the Campus Community module.
5) Manage and train data support staff, provide day-to-day direction, and ensure completeness and accuracy of work; develop instruction materials and train or delegate the training of TGS staff to use student records and data-related software employed by the school. Serve as a technical resource to TGS staff, graduate programs, and other SISS data-related personnel working in administrative offices.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst must possess and demonstrate a positive outlook on continuous process-improvement efforts while maintaining a team-based and customer-focused mindset. It is critical that this position practices sound judgment and decision-making, effective written and oral communication, and respectful relationship management. This position must also exhibit a strong desire to continuously learn new and unfamiliar business topics, policies, and procedures as they relate to data management functions—the ability to translate this information into operational successes will be critical. The SBSA should regularly engage with school leadership and staff on ideas and initiatives to help benefit those that we serve.
This position requires campus office work hours. TGS supports hybrid onsite/remote work schedules based on job responsibilities.
If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills, and abilities, we encourage you to apply. Resume and cover letter are required. Thank you for considering employment opportunities with The Graduate School.